TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for July 30-Aug. 6, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Truckee Police Department responded to a Tahoe Donner residence after a 4-year old child fell from second story window on Alder Creek Road. The incident was accidental and was documented as an informational report.
• An unknown person broke into victim’s home on Manchester Drive and subsequently stole two rifles, a laptop computer, a pickup truck and several other misc items.
• A female entered a local restaurant with her two-year-old daughter, and according to staff appeared to be intoxicated. The female left shortly after arriving, but left her child unattended. The female was eventually located by restaurant staff and she returned in the restaurant, where she was contacted by law enforcement and arrested.
• A suspect contacted her parents and made several threats to kill them and then kill herself. The parents thought the threats were credible and feared for their safety and they moved to a safe location. It was determined that the suspect is in the Bay Area. A track flier was sent to all involved agencies. The investigation led to the arrest of the subject in Brentwood, Calif.
• An unknown person entered into an unlocked vehicle and stole several items. The petty theft occurred on Wolfgang Road.
• Officers took a report of unauthorized entry into residence on South Shore Drive. There is no suspect information at this time.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle accident on Brockway Road. The driver backed his truck over yield sign, causing hazmat spill.
• A citizen turned in a police flashlight he found.
• A reporting party reported threats made by her grandson’s father. The threats were third party threats and they were not made directly to the reporting party. The reporting party wanted documentation of the threats to be used during the process of obtaining a restraining order.
• Police officer was dispatched to Pine Avenue regarding two heavily intoxicated subjects “wrestling” in the emergency room lobby. One of the two subjects was booked for drunk in public and disorderly conduct.
• Officers responded to a report of possible underage drinking. The driver of a vehicle leaving the area was stopped for vehicle code violations and subsequently cited and released for driver under 21 with BAC greater than 0.05 percent. A passenger of the vehicle was also cited for being in possession of an open container of alcohol.
• A reporting party called Truckee Police to report an unresponsive white male slumped behind the steering wheel of a parked car. Upon contact, motorist was determined to be the operator of the vehicle and showed signs of intoxication. The driver was medically cleared by on-scene paramedics and subsequently arrested for DUI. The driver was transported to Nevada County Sheriff’s Office and booked without further incident.
• Officers were dispatched to Estates Drive for an attempt burglary. Further investigation led officers to believe the damage was vandalism and not an attempted burglary. The reporting party requested a informational report for insurance purposes.
• An unknown person cut a padlock and stole an air compressor from a trailer parked on Ski Slope Way.
• An unknown person stole a power washer and several other pieces of equipment on Hillside Drive.
• A female was contacted after engaging a verbal argument with an adult male on Lausanne Way. A records check revealed the female had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant for her arrest. The adult female was cited and released.
• Officers reported domestic dispute in a public parking lot on Deerfield Drive.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for several vehicle violations. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers were dispatched to a female subject screaming in an apartment on Edmunds Drive. The female subject came out of the apartment and it determined she was intoxicated and arrested for being drunk in public.