Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Lake Tahoe residents, NDOW differ on bear management after latest incident (with video of today's release)
- What's happening at Lake Tahoe this Labor Day weekend
- Beaver population thriving at Lake Tahoe thanks to local volunteers
- South Tahoe boat hand saves drowning teen
- Beach time: Get your toes in the sand this weekend while visiting South Lake Tahoe