Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Who to watch at this year's Tahoe celebrity golf tournament
- Be community minded today, and every day in Tahoe (opinion)
- South Shore Tahoe History Trail grows in size — and popularity
- This week's action: There's more than golf this weekend (opinion)
- Kingsbury Middle School sold to make way for South Shore affordable housing development