Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
Triathlon takes it off road
Trending in: News
- Truckee Police: Home burglaries on the rise
- Tahoe man injured in Truckee crash is former prosecutor
- Horizon to undergo multi-million dollar renovation
- Chateau project developer makes deal to purchase other parcels; project could move forward as envisioned
- Squaw Valley, Sugar Bowl strike partnership for 2014-15