Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Truckee officials: Peers, residents enable youth drug use
- Food Bank to hold Hunger Response Network meeting in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe council denies permit for 420 concert featuring Julian Marley
- Prostate cancer is the silent, but deadly disease
- CA gas prices hit $4.16 per gallon; Truckee’s at $4.46