Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Sand Fire burning at 4,000 acres; smoke filtering into Truckee area
- Lake Tahoe resort investigated for dumping pool water
- Another Lake Tahoe rescue boat sinks; second in 2 months
- 35 people displaced, rooms destroyed in Tahoe hotel fire
- Parents of Truckee man killed by avalanche sue Alaska heli-skiing company