Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
Triathlon takes it off road
Trending in: News
- Truckee man, 54, arrested after hash-oil explosion at home
- Scientists seek funding to continue Lake Tahoe runoff studies
- Former Squaw ambassador: Development plan ‘just doesn’t sit right’
- South Tahoe council denies permit for 420 concert featuring Julian Marley
- Nevada’s pot industry not for faint of heart