Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Low numbers force North Tahoe High to scrap football season
- Board: Insufficient evidence that Tahoe hospital CEO broke law
- Kevin MacMillan: Stop wasting water with Ice Bucket Challenge
- Tesla plans Truckee supercharging station for electric cars
- Santa Rosa man faces open murder charge in death of Tahoe man