Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Date night: Hotspots around Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Weather boosting winter ski resort visitation in the West, Tahoe included
- Obituary: Michael P. Sheehan, Mar. 12, 1970 ~ Nov. 21, 2015
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday