Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
Triathlon takes it off road
Trending in: News
- NorCal wildfire destroys 10 homes; smoke filtering into Truckee area
- Lake Tahoe resort investigated for dumping pool water
- 35 people displaced, rooms destroyed in Tahoe hotel fire
- Low water levels taking toll on Lake Tahoe rec businesses
- North Tahoe to enforce drought restrictions for residents, businesses