Meanwhile, up on the North Shore, the XTERRA off-road triathlon is underway. The swim portion starts in Incline Village before bicyclists make their way up to the Flume trail for a 22-mile ride covering about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. Competitors will then continue onto the trail running portion for a six-mile run with little elevation change.
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Strength on stage: Tahoe Show bodybuilding competition returns to MontBleu for sixth edition, features 300 competitors
- South Tahoe girls soccer seeks fifth state championship in seven seasons after being dethroned
- Judge upholds Loop Road Project ballot measure in councilor candidate's lawsuit against city
- 48-hour Tahoe getaway: regional highlights you can't miss