The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
- Boy, 13, killed by train near Truckee late Sunday afternoon
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- Drought means Nevada, Lake Tahoe in line for busy bear season (w/ video)
- Truckee River's level drops after flow from reservoir halted
- Earth Day: Conserving water at Lake Tahoe key focus amid California drought