The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
- Lake Tahoe storm brings 2 feet of snow, cross-country resorts reopen
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83
- Sierra history: Tahoe’s winter entertainment industry grew out of economic desperation