The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
- Fourth man arrested in fatal South Lake Tahoe shooting
- South Tahoe Public Utility District recommending rate increase (opinion)
- Rio Olympic hopeful recovers from concussion in Tahoe, plans for Tour of California
- My view: The most impactful person you have never heard of (opinion)
- Obituary: Ramona Diana Herring