The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
- Kevin MacMillan: The transition from Burning Man to the ‘Default World’
- Burning Man draws 66,000; woman run over by art car, killed
- The Tahoe Expo returns with a focus on everything outdoors
- Andy Whyman: Marijuana legalization is right thing to do
- Authorities: Tahoe woman attacked by bear may face feeding charges