The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Hiker killed in avalanche in Sierra Nevada
- Curl up with a Kindle: 12 winter reads perfect for the holidays
- Barton Foundation's Festival of Trees and Lights has something for everyone
- Pet column: Should you give a dog a bone?