The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
Trending in: News
- South Tahoe council denies permit for 420 concert featuring Julian Marley
- Scientists seek funding to continue Lake Tahoe runoff studies
- Nevada’s pot industry not for faint of heart
- A walk in the woods: Tahoe’s trails have something for every hiker
- Tahoe disc golf: King of the Lake returning this summer