The inaugural Expedition Man Endurance Festival and Ultra-Distance Triathlon began today in South Lake Tahoe. Nearly 300 athletes from around the world will compete in the grueling ultra-distance race that begins with a swim at Zephyr Cove Resort, continues onto a bike ride through the streets of Carson City and ends at Sparks Marina with a run along the Truckee River. Participants will either compete in an iron man distance, half iron man distance, or an aqua-bike. There is also a relay option of two- or three-person teams, which could compete in either distance.
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Strength in numbers: Lake Tahoe Community College men's soccer counting on depth in second season
- Zephyr Cove high school uses technology in new lessons
- Nevada now selling medical marijuana