TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for August 13-20, along with previously unreported incidents.
• The protected party in a domestic violence restraining order reported several violations by the restrained party over the past two months. The restrained party was located and he was issued a citation.
• Officers took a report of commercial burglary on Donner Pass Road. Carpenter tools from a local hardware store were stolen. The suspect was identified and a report was sent to District Attorney for arrest warrant.
• Officers reported theft of bicycle, after it was taken for a test ride from a rental store. The suspect was identified and a report was sent to the Attorney’s District Office for a warrant issuance.
• A Truckee resident received a check in her PO Box that had someone else’s name on it. The reporting party didn’t know why she received someone’s check and suspected check fraud. The reporting party contacted the other party via phone and found out that the other party resided in Georgia and explained an unknown person randomly mailed her a check, which she believed came from Truckee PO Box. A report was taken for information only.
• A juvenile got into an argument with his mom. The juvenile grabbed his mom by the throat and choked her. The juvenile was on active juvenile probation and subsequently arrested.
• A reporting party contacted the Truckee Police Department to report an unattended child had been left by parents on Donner Pass Road. Further investigation revealed no neglect of child endangerment issues. The incident was documented for informational purposes only.
• Officers were dispatched to a female screaming asking for the police on Huntsman Leap in Truckee. Upon arrival, officers discovered that the female had been physically assaulted by her husband. The information at the scene lead to the arrest of the victim’s husband., who was subsequently taken to jail.
• Officers took a late report of domestic violence incident between a husband and a wife at West River Street. The investigation resulted in conflicting stories with no corroborating witness to the incident. The statements that were taken are referred to the District Attorney’s Office.
• An elderly male was assaulted by his adult step-son, which resulted in injury to the victim. The suspect was arrested for felony elder abuse and booked in Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations and the driver was determined to be DUI. The driver was arrested and booked in Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• A red bicycle was stolen out of the front yard on Pioneer trial. There are no leads or witnesses found.
• A reporting party reported an abandoned bicycle in front of his residence on Old Mill Road. The bicycle was booked into found property system.
• Officers took a report of grand theft on River Park Place. Subjects stole approximately $4,500 worth of tools from work trucks parked in the fenced area. There is no suspect information.
• A reporting party reported being threatened by known subject regarding an incident that occurred six years ago. The reporting party wanted the incident to be documented. An informational report was taken.
• Officers contacted a driver in the Regional Park parking after closing hours. The driver was subsequently arrested for DUI.
• Officers responded to a report of multiple subjects hitting cars and setting off car alarms on Estates Drive. An area check resulted in locating a very drunk 19-year-old male, who was responsible for the disturbance. The suspect was arrested for drunk in public, with charges to be filed with the District Attorney.
• Officers were dispatched to a vandalism of a vehicle. The victim of the vandalism didn’t know where or when the vandalism occurred. The victim requested this report to be documented for insurance purposes.
• Officers found a subject walking in the area of Palisades Drive and Brockway Road. The subject matched the description of a subject who ran from officers on another unrelated call for service. Upon contacting the subject, he displayed the obvious signs of intoxication and was subsequently arrested for public intoxication.
• A subject was found staggering in the roadway on Brockway Road. The subject was determined to be drunk in public, unable to care of himself. The subject was booked in Nevada County Sheriff’s Office and later was released after sobering.
• Officers reported overnight theft of buoys from the water. The theft occurred by South Shore Drive.
• A reporting party received annoying phone calls from a subject he has had dealings with in the past. The previous case number was taken by the Nevada County Sheriff’s Department.
• A citizen found a money clip with cash, ID and credit cards attached to it in Safeway. The reporting party turned in the money clip into Nevada County Sheriff’s Department.
• Officers took a report of criminal threats made over the phone by an unknown suspect, who used a restricted number.
• A subject who was on parole and reportedly using methamphetamine was located and arrested.
• Three subjects entered a store on Donner Pass Road. One of the subjects distracted the supervisor, while two others subjects confused the cashier and took extra money from her while asking her for change to a large bill.
• A subject was arrested for brandishing an imitation firearm in a public place on Hirschdale Road.
• A subject came to Nevada County Sheriff’s Office in Truckee to turn in a rifle for destruction. The rifle was booked for destruction.