TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Foothill Farmers Market will continue to bring in fresh fruits and veggies, seafood, bread and crafts through mid-fall Tuesdays to the Truckee River Regional Park, 10500 Brockway Road off Highway 267 and the Kings Beach State Recreation Area, 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach. Find the Farmers Market Thursdays at Tahoe City on Commons Beach. Market hours are early morning to 1 p.m. Here, Towani Organic Farm from Bangor, Calif. displays a colorful variety of peppers, with eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes and more available.
- Lake Tahoe storm brings 2 feet of snow, cross-country resorts reopen
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Sierra history: Tahoe’s winter entertainment industry grew out of economic desperation
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83