TRUCKEE, Calif. — Join Women Empowering Women for a haunting morning, Do You Believe in Ghosts?, Monday, Sept. 17, 10-11:30 a.m., For Goodness Sake at 10157 Donner Pass Road in downtown Truckee. As one of the producers of the annual Historical Haunted Walking Tour — a very successful fundraiser for the nonprofits Trails andamp; Vistas and the Truckee Donner Historical Society, Chelsea Walterscheid is frequently asked about Truckee’s haunted history. Does she believe in ghosts?She’s worked in some of Truckee’s most haunted buildings. Let’s just say whether you believe or don’t, there is definitely a lot of energy “hanging” around downtown Truckee! Spend the morning with WOW and leave with tales that will entertain and educate you about the history of our special town.Chelsea is the manager of The Richardson House (a historic home run as a luxury vacation rental), president of the Truckee Donner Historical Society, curator of the Old Jail Museum, and co-producer of the annual Historical Haunted Walking Tour. She grew up in Truckee and has been a volunteer with the Truckee Donner Historical Society for 17 years., giving walking tours of Historical Downtown Truckee for 15 years. For her, it is always great fun teaching people about Truckee’s rich history.Women Empowering Woman is dedicated to providing motivational speakers who address different aspects of achieving balance and harmony through the mind, body and spirit. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Seating in For Goodness Sake is limited, so reservations are highly recommended. Please e-mail email@example.com to reserve your space.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Five questions with Tahoe's Talie Jane Interiors' Natalie Malik
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport