TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Aug. 20-28, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers took a report of a stolen mountain bike from a garage on Levon Avenue.
• A citizen reported that he found two abandoned bicycles in his backyard on Glenshire Drive.
• Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance on Martis Valley Road. A male subject was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery and drunk in public. The District Attorney will review the case for additional charges.
• A parole agent requested Truckee Police Department to attempt to locate a subject for violations of conditions of parole. The parolee was located at parent’s residence and was subsequently taken into custody. The parolee was transported to Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• During traffic enforcement stop for Vehicle Code Violation the driver was found to be under the influence of marijuana. The driver was also in possession of illegal narcotics. The driver was subsequently arrested and transported for a blood draw, then he was booked in Nevada County Sheriff’s Office without further incident.
• A husband and a wife were involved in a domestic violence incident, where the female was arrested. The couple had been married for a year and had children in common. The incident occurred on Waters Way.
• Officers were dispatched to Northwoods Boulevard for reports of intoxicated subject that is possibly driving from the area. Upon arrival witnesses pointed the intoxicated subject out, who was leaving the parking lot of the club house on a motorcycle. The motorcycle was stopped and the driver was determined to be under the influence of alcohol and was arrested.
• Officers reported a domestic disturbance between male and female on East Alder Creek Road. The female was intoxicated and involved in a verbal argument with the male half. The female was subsequently arrested for drunk in public.
• An employee at a business on Donner Pass Road located a purse containing several personal items. The purse was found outside the rear side of the business near the rear door. No identification information was found inside the purse to determine who the purse’s owner was. The purse and its contents were booked into property at the police department for safekeeping.
• Officers took a report of two vehicle non-injury collision involving a DUI driver.
• A reporting party called to report she has been in a fight with her neighbor. The reporting party was very intoxicated and demanded a report. There was conflicting information from the involved parties at the scene. The only witness to the fight gave information that supported a party that did not wish persecution, only documentation.
• Officers responded to a two vehicle non-injury collision involving a medicated DUI driver. The DUI driver was arrested and booked.
• A local business on Donner Pass Road reported a suspect passed a fictitious American Express traveler’s check.
• A subject was stopped for traffic vehicle violation and was found to be driving under the influence. The subject also had several felony warrants for drug possession. He was booked into Nevada County Sheriff’s Office in Truckee.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for Vehicle Code Violation and arrested the driver for DUI.
• A subject was found passed out alongside a closed business on Donner Pass Road. An officer attempted to locate friends to take the subject home without success. The subject was booked into Nevada County Sheriff’s Office for drunk in public, unable to care for himself.
• A vehicle was stopped for a Vehicle Code Violation on Cold Stream Road. It was determined the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked into Nevada County Sheriff’s office in Truckee.
• A subject entered the emergency room at the hospital and was acting strangely. The subject left prior to being examined. An area check conducted and subject was located in the lobby of Sheriff’s Office. The subject was under the influence of drugs and was arrested for being under influence of drugs in public.
• An estranged husband riffled through his wife’s purse while she was at a concert and allegedly took her wedding ring and $20 cash. The husband has a criminal protective order against him, protecting his estranged wife. The suspect fled prior officer’s arrival. A report was forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office for a review. The incident occurred on Brockway Road.
• A husband and his wife had a minor verbal argument. Both of the parties separated for the evening. A report was taken for information only.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute on Wiltshire Lane. Officers took a report for information only.
• Officers took a report of stolen package from the front door of an apartment on Martis Valley Road.
• Officers were dispatched to a business on Donner Pass Road regarding a shoplifter in custody. Later it was determined a theft had not occurred, however the subject involved was determined to be drunk in public. The subject was subsequently booked for drunk in public.
• A subject was driving on the shoulder and over the solid yellow line on Glenshire Drive. The driver was subsequently arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.