TAHOE CITY, Calif. — North Tahoe Arts is proud to feature five sculpture and mosaic artists whose body of work includes glass, ceramics, wood, canvas, found objects and paint swatches. This is an exhibit and collection of mixed media sculptural artwork. North Tahoe Arts will host an artist reception Friday, Sept. 14, 5-7 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Open to the public. Bryn McCubbins works with kiln-formed glass art and is both functional and ornate. She shares her studio with two children and pets. Bryn has been recognized by HGTV and her art is available online and in galleries and shops throughout the west. Jane Featherstone-Nathan worked with ceramic sculpture in the beginning of her art career and later worked with bronze and now focuses on mixed media. Jane has exhibited a well-known Bay Area galleries like Swanson Art Galleries, Gilbert Galleries, Post Street Gallery, and has many one person exhibits under her belt. She is the eldest exhibitor at 85-good-years-old.Meg Heim works with mixed media and paint swatches and is inspired everyday by the natural environment around her. Her goal is to pull as many vibrant colors together as possible to create a meaningful story.Teri Lark combines many colorful pieces of mosaic to create a multitude of functional and decorative art for the public to enjoy and collect. Teri will have some of her mosaic decorated furniture on display at the gallery.Rochelle Johnson is a ceramic sculptor and often works with tiles to create wall art. Her work is inspired by her favorite outdoor places or designs.This exhibit runs until Monday, Oct. 1. Stop by North Tahoe Arts, 380 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, call 530-581-2787 or visit www.northtahoearts.com.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Five questions with Tahoe's Talie Jane Interiors' Natalie Malik
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season