A scheduling aberration is South Lake Tahoe’s gain.Sister Sparrow & the Dirty Birds tour includes Whiskey Dick’s Saloon. Other stops are Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Nashville, Tenn., Charlotte, Atlanta, Tampa and Houston. The band also will play a festival in New Orleans with Neil Young and Crazy Horse and Green Day.Opening Thursdays Tahoe show is Jelly Bread, perhaps Reno’s fastest rising band.Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds is a nine-piece powerhouse that puts a modern spin on classic soul. The band is led by Arleigh “Sister Sparrow” Kincheloe, whose powerful voice and sly demeanor make for a spellbinding presence onstage. She is backed by the mighty force of the Dirty Birds, a flock of eight who masterfully lay down thundering grooves and soaring melodies. Sister Sparrow began penning tunes in the alleyways and back roads between New York City and the Catskill Mountains as a teenager. Within six months of its November 2010 debut release on Modern Vintage Recordings, Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds had opened for the Black Keys, the Neville Brothers, Dr. John, the Rebirth Brass Band, and the Soul Rebels Brass Band, among others. Through appearances at such festivals as moe.down, Strange Creek, Camp Jam, Sterling Stage, and late-night at New Orleans JazzFest, it continued to gain wider acclaim.
Major band comes to smaller venue for Thursday show
Trending in: News
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Lake's depths hold many dead bodies: Officials report most corpses don't surface if lost in Lake Tahoe
- Smoke could return after clear weekend
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go
- Resilient racer: 2-time cancer survivor Wendy Chioji starts new battle after Ironman Lake Tahoe