On Saturday, 200 volunteers picked up 2,000 pounds of trash from local meadows, beaches, rivers and creeks. After the cleanup at Regan Beach, a wonderful selection of food was provided to those who volunteered for the three-hour cleanup. Thank you to the restaurants and businesses that donated the delicious fare — Grass Roots Natural Foods, Artemis Mediterranean Grill, Blue Dog Pizza, Raleys, Costco, Trader Joe's, Grocery Outlet and Kmart. The organizers would also like to thank South Tahoe Refuse for covering the cost of dumping the trash. This annual event is coordinated by Clean Tahoe, Sierra Nevada Alliance, Tahoe Bailkal Institute, Tahoe Resource Conservation District, Americorp and the California Tahoe Conservancy. This annual event is the single largest volunteer event in the state of California, with more than 57,000 people volunteering to help clean up. Thank you to all who gave their time helping keep the South Shore clean.Ellen FlynnSouth Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe's Heavenly chairlift malfunction addressed by Forest Service
- Police release sketches of suspects in South Tahoe shooting
- Obituary: Terry Ann McCollum, Jan. 12, 1950 - Jan. 15, 2016
- One dead following shooting at South Lake Tahoe hotel
- Reader Poll Results: Should retailers voluntarily comply with South Lake Tahoe's ban on single-use plastic bags?