On Saturday, 200 volunteers picked up 2,000 pounds of trash from local meadows, beaches, rivers and creeks. After the cleanup at Regan Beach, a wonderful selection of food was provided to those who volunteered for the three-hour cleanup. Thank you to the restaurants and businesses that donated the delicious fare — Grass Roots Natural Foods, Artemis Mediterranean Grill, Blue Dog Pizza, Raleys, Costco, Trader Joe's, Grocery Outlet and Kmart. The organizers would also like to thank South Tahoe Refuse for covering the cost of dumping the trash. This annual event is coordinated by Clean Tahoe, Sierra Nevada Alliance, Tahoe Bailkal Institute, Tahoe Resource Conservation District, Americorp and the California Tahoe Conservancy. This annual event is the single largest volunteer event in the state of California, with more than 57,000 people volunteering to help clean up. Thank you to all who gave their time helping keep the South Shore clean.Ellen FlynnSouth Lake Tahoe
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'
- Mulder wins American Century Championship, becomes third back-to-back winner in tournament history