The third annual Barton Foundation “Signature” Cocktail Contest raised $5,900.30 for Barton Memorial Hospital’s Level 3 trauma center designation.The contest, held Sept. 13, drew 177 attendees. This year’s cocktails were made with Tahoe Blue Vodka. The winning cocktail was The Cukacabra, created by the Cantina Bar & Grill, which will be served at the foundation’s gala on Dec. 1.Barton Memorial’s Level III trauma center will enable the emergency department and trauma team to evaluate, assess and treat more trauma patients, who might otherwise be flown to a designated trauma center outside the area. The $200,000 initiative will improve the care of trauma patients in the Tahoe basin through improved processes, technology, training and physician oversight.
Cocktail contest raises money for Barton trauma center
Trending in: News
- Truckee man, 23, arrested on suspicion of felony burglary
- Hard Rock targets multiple segments of Tahoe market
- One year later: Tahoe’s Dumpster Pups are all grown up
- Skrillex, Zedd among this year’s SnowGlobe Music Festival artists
- Facebook gone wild: Fear and loathing on the King Fire’s social media trail