The third annual Barton Foundation “Signature” Cocktail Contest raised $5,900.30 for Barton Memorial Hospital’s Level 3 trauma center designation.The contest, held Sept. 13, drew 177 attendees. This year’s cocktails were made with Tahoe Blue Vodka. The winning cocktail was The Cukacabra, created by the Cantina Bar & Grill, which will be served at the foundation’s gala on Dec. 1.Barton Memorial’s Level III trauma center will enable the emergency department and trauma team to evaluate, assess and treat more trauma patients, who might otherwise be flown to a designated trauma center outside the area. The $200,000 initiative will improve the care of trauma patients in the Tahoe basin through improved processes, technology, training and physician oversight.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more