I would like to commend all the emergency personnel in the fire that occurred the night of Sept. 18 on the corner of Pioneer Trail and April Drive. To the dispatchers, all the firefighters and law enforcement officers: Fabulous job by all! Had it not been for our wonderful firefighters’ quick response, this incident could have easily turned into another Angora fire. I shudder to think what could have happened had it been a windy evening.I hope other residents will take a moment of their time to reflect on how lucky we are to have such dedicated emergency personnel. The city, county and state have made many cutbacks. Our local emergency personnel have been affected greatly. Yet these dedicated employees, come to work every day, to keep our small community safe. Also, many thanks to Lake Valley Fire Department, El Dorado County Sheriff's Department, California Highway Patrol, Tahoe Douglas Fire Department and to Fallen Leaf firefighters, and anyone else I may have missed, for their mutual aid. Thank you so much for putting yourselves in danger to save people, residences and our community.You are the unsung heroes of this town. You deserve to be recognized for all you do.Thank you so much!Nancy TicknorSouth Lake Tahoe
Kudos & Kindness: Thank you, firefighters!
Trending in: News
- King Fire up to 70,000-plus acres; Tahoe fire officials: ‘have a plan ready’
- Meet Your Merchant: Riders get back in the saddle at Piping Rock Equestrian Center
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go
- Man, 37, suspected of starting King Fire; bail set at $10 million
- Lake Tahoe hopes high for big winter; predictions mixed