I would like to commend all the emergency personnel in the fire that occurred the night of Sept. 18 on the corner of Pioneer Trail and April Drive. To the dispatchers, all the firefighters and law enforcement officers: Fabulous job by all! Had it not been for our wonderful firefighters’ quick response, this incident could have easily turned into another Angora fire. I shudder to think what could have happened had it been a windy evening.I hope other residents will take a moment of their time to reflect on how lucky we are to have such dedicated emergency personnel. The city, county and state have made many cutbacks. Our local emergency personnel have been affected greatly. Yet these dedicated employees, come to work every day, to keep our small community safe. Also, many thanks to Lake Valley Fire Department, El Dorado County Sheriff's Department, California Highway Patrol, Tahoe Douglas Fire Department and to Fallen Leaf firefighters, and anyone else I may have missed, for their mutual aid. Thank you so much for putting yourselves in danger to save people, residences and our community.You are the unsung heroes of this town. You deserve to be recognized for all you do.Thank you so much!Nancy TicknorSouth Lake Tahoe
- Redevelopment of South Lake Tahoe's Knights Inn area may be off the table
- Llewellyn attempts trans-Tahoe swim in support of friend's spinal cord injury nonprofit FindingHUP
- Tahoe Camping 101: Being organized, having the right tools key to success
- Tahoe Town Hall tackles affordable housing; what's next? (opinion)
- Is Ski Run Boulevard the future downtown of South Lake Tahoe?