The South Tahoe High School boys soccer team swept into the desert this weekend for a crossover tournament. The Vikings beat Fallon Greenwave 1-0, Dayton Dust Devils 8-1 and the Fernley Vaqueros 8-2. Highlighting the tournament was Jesus Martinez with five goals, Adrian Santana with four assists and one goal and goalie Alvaro Orozco taking the field with a goal and an assist. The fierce defense of Ozzy Rosas, Alex Fails, Christian Navarro and Andres Orozco held their opponents to just three goals throughout tournament play. Orozco and Kyle Hannah shared goalie duties. The Vikings will host the Sparks Railroaders Thursday at 6 p.m. The Vikings are 6-1 in league play on the season.
- Tahoe flooring company sues over Hard Rock work
- South Lake Tahoe man arrested for allegedly stabbing family member
- CHP urges motorists against taking shortcuts during South Lake Tahoe congestion
- Police arrest man following alleged attempted robbery at Stateline
- South Tahoe football standouts Albrecht, Shearer celebrate college commitments on National Signing Day