Born May 21, 1940, passed away September 11, 2012 after complications following a brief illness. She has been successfully battling a blood disease for three years.Karen was such a special person and touched so many people with her warm, caring spirit. Being around her, you just had to share a smile! Her selfless giving towards others is evident in all her volunteering endeavors. The most important thing to her has always been her family, from time spent....to support. She enjoyed helping anyway she could.Karen was born in Oakland and graduated from Oakland Technical High School. She moved with her beloved husband Tom to South Lake Tahoe in 1991 after the Oakland firestorm. Karen enjoyed golfing, and served as Handicap Chairwoman of Tahoe Paradise Golf Course. She was an active member of the Sierra Community Church, a volunteer advocate with the CASA Program and a charter member of Red Hat Society. Karen was employed by H&R Block of South Lake Tahoe for many years.Karen is predeceased by her husband (Fred) Tom Marshall. She is survived by three daughters - Evva St. Denis of Modesto (Darrell), Debbie Budnik of South Lake Tahoe (Scott), Lisa Voss of Gardnerville (Paul) and nine grandchildren: Stephan and Nicole St. Denis, Aaron, Andy, Natasha, and Krysta Budnik, Tori Levi, and Jordyn Voss and one great grandchild Lyric St. Denis. She is also survived by her Brother Michael Blake of Clear Lake and Nephew David Blake and Niece Tina Brennan. Please join us for a celebration of Karen's life at Sierra Community Church, 1165 Sierra Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, California on Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Food and refreshments to follow at church.In lieu of flowers, the family respectfully requests a contribution to Sierra Community Church or to the charity of your choice.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Windjammers Yacht Club wraps up season with Fannette Island Race, LB wins on the water
- When winning is actually losing; an issue with the local banner ordinance (opinion)