A 25-year-old Santa Rosa man was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with non-life-threatening injuries following a hit-and-run in Stateline early Sunday morning.Philip Preston Parsons was walking north across U.S. Highway 50 in front of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa about 1:20 a.m. when he was struck by a dark-colored SUV, said Nevada Highway Patrol trooper Barb Stapleton.The SUV then fled the scene. The highway was closed shortly after the crash until about 5:15 a.m., Stapleton said.Parsons was crossing the street against the traffic signal and is believed to have been intoxicated at the time of the collision, according to NHP.The incident remains under investigation.NHP asks anyone with information about the crash to contact the Major Accident Investigation Team at 775-688-2500.
- As Burning Man nears, Tahoe burners promote sense of community
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin
- Longtime Tahoe residents celebrate 50th anniversary
- Lake Tahoe CC men's soccer notches first win of season, beats Mendocino 1-0 at Lake Tahoe Invitational
- Health concerns when tending to Tahoe-Truckee backyard chickens