A 25-year-old Santa Rosa man was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with non-life-threatening injuries following a hit-and-run in Stateline early Sunday morning.Philip Preston Parsons was walking north across U.S. Highway 50 in front of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa about 1:20 a.m. when he was struck by a dark-colored SUV, said Nevada Highway Patrol trooper Barb Stapleton.The SUV then fled the scene. The highway was closed shortly after the crash until about 5:15 a.m., Stapleton said.Parsons was crossing the street against the traffic signal and is believed to have been intoxicated at the time of the collision, according to NHP.The incident remains under investigation.NHP asks anyone with information about the crash to contact the Major Accident Investigation Team at 775-688-2500.
Man flown to Reno following weekend hit-and-run
Trending in: News
- Dense smoke warning in effect today; no fire threat to Truckee-Tahoe
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Smoke could return after clear weekend
- Lake's depths hold many dead bodies: Officials report most corpses don't surface if lost in Lake Tahoe
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go