South Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven owners Dave and Rhonda recently selected the Boys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe to receive a $1,000 donation. The donation came from proceeds from the Annual Lew Magnotti Memorial Golf Tournament sponsored by Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe area 7-Eleven franchisees in memory of Magnotti, a former 7-Eleven owner. The club will be using the donation to provide materials and supplies for after-school enrichment programs that serve 878 members ages 5-18 in South Lake Tahoe. The Golf Tournament also funded large donations to the Muscular Dystophy Association, Battens Disease, and the Boys and Girls Club of Gardnerville, Nev. 7-Eleven franchisees have long demonstrated their commitment to community based charities. Last year, the store owned by St. Onge contributed to Christmas Cheer, in addition to raising $2,300 for Breast Cancer Research collected at the stores by the employees. These Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven stores will again be seeking donations for Breast Cancer Research this October. Thank you 7-Eleven for your commitment to our community.Karen HouserExecutive directorBoys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
- Erik Roner remembered as a great family man with 'a wonderful love for life'
- MTB economics: South Lake Tahoe sees boost from mountain-bike tourism
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe's higher elevations
- South Lake Tahoe police clear man suspected in sexual assault case
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off