South Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven owners Dave and Rhonda recently selected the Boys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe to receive a $1,000 donation. The donation came from proceeds from the Annual Lew Magnotti Memorial Golf Tournament sponsored by Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe area 7-Eleven franchisees in memory of Magnotti, a former 7-Eleven owner. The club will be using the donation to provide materials and supplies for after-school enrichment programs that serve 878 members ages 5-18 in South Lake Tahoe. The Golf Tournament also funded large donations to the Muscular Dystophy Association, Battens Disease, and the Boys and Girls Club of Gardnerville, Nev. 7-Eleven franchisees have long demonstrated their commitment to community based charities. Last year, the store owned by St. Onge contributed to Christmas Cheer, in addition to raising $2,300 for Breast Cancer Research collected at the stores by the employees. These Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven stores will again be seeking donations for Breast Cancer Research this October. Thank you 7-Eleven for your commitment to our community.Karen HouserExecutive directorBoys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe's Heavenly chairlift malfunction addressed by Forest Service
- Police release sketches of suspects in South Tahoe shooting
- Obituary: Terry Ann McCollum, Jan. 12, 1950 - Jan. 15, 2016
- One dead following shooting at South Lake Tahoe hotel
- Reader Poll Results: Should retailers voluntarily comply with South Lake Tahoe's ban on single-use plastic bags?