South Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven owners Dave and Rhonda recently selected the Boys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe to receive a $1,000 donation. The donation came from proceeds from the Annual Lew Magnotti Memorial Golf Tournament sponsored by Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe area 7-Eleven franchisees in memory of Magnotti, a former 7-Eleven owner. The club will be using the donation to provide materials and supplies for after-school enrichment programs that serve 878 members ages 5-18 in South Lake Tahoe. The Golf Tournament also funded large donations to the Muscular Dystophy Association, Battens Disease, and the Boys and Girls Club of Gardnerville, Nev. 7-Eleven franchisees have long demonstrated their commitment to community based charities. Last year, the store owned by St. Onge contributed to Christmas Cheer, in addition to raising $2,300 for Breast Cancer Research collected at the stores by the employees. These Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven stores will again be seeking donations for Breast Cancer Research this October. Thank you 7-Eleven for your commitment to our community.Karen HouserExecutive directorBoys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Obituary: Douglas Harmon Sprague, Oct. 15, 1932 - July 19, 2016
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'