Bringing Art to Schools thanks the Friends of the Library of El Dorado County, South Lake Tahoe Branch, for its generous financial donation. Our local library also supports arts education by providing space in the Children's Room to display student art created during the BATS program. Each child whose art is selected for exhibit receives a Certificate of Accomplishment from the Friends of the Library. The children are proud of their work. The public is invited to visit the library during regular hours to see the year-long exhibit starting Oct. 31. Bringing Art to Schools is an independent program under the auspices of the Boys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe. BATS depends on grants and donations for the operation of its volunteer program, which provides art instruction and art activities to the 1,800 students in the five elementary schools. Thank you, Friends of the Library!Penny FairfieldDirector, Bringing Art to Schools
- Obituary: Scott Michael Perasso
- Georgetown narcotics arrest connected to fatal shooting
- Singled out? With Valentine's Day around the corner, what is the online dating scene like at Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe Community College on track with $5.8 million University Center project
- Reasons behind increases in El Dorado County crime statistics uncertain