TRUCKEE, Calif. - The potential sale of Veterans Hall Building overlooking downtown Truckee will be a topic of discussion Thursday evening at the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District board meeting.The Veterans Hall Building, located on High Street, has been owned by the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District since 1994, but Tahoe Forest Church has submitted a request to purchase the facility, which features amenities ranging from classrooms and meeting rooms to an indoor basketball court."It's not a done deal yet," Rec and Park Board Director Janet Brady said Tuesday, regarding the sale. "This whole process needs to be worked through."Part of that process includes having the building and the lot across the street appraised come mid-October, Brady said, along with public hearing on the matter in November before the town's planning commission.Brady said the rec and park board is weighing potential benefits and drawbacks of selling the building, while devoting special attention to the needs of the community and veterans."We encourage any community member with feedback or information (on the issue) to please come to the meeting (Thursday)," Brady said. Other topics to be discussed Thursday include an update of the proposed Truckee performing arts center and aquatic center, and the adoption of the final 2012-13 budget.The board meets Thursday at 6 p.m. at the Truckee Community Recreation Center, 8924 Donner Pass Road.
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Obituary: Douglas Harmon Sprague, Oct. 15, 1932 - July 19, 2016
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'