The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency would like to everyone who made TRPA’s Community Appreciation Day Open House and Lake Spirit Awards Ceremony such a great success last month including: Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District, Tahoe Science Consortium, Tahoe Environmental Research Center, Tahoe Resource Conservation District, Tahoe Catering Company, the Red Hut, our wonderful band, Suspect Terrane, the staff and Governing Board of TRPA, and all the community members that took the time to attend. We also want to congratulate our Lake Spirit Award winners this year: Heather Segale, Jacquie Chandler, John Dayberry, and the family of Alan Tolhurst who received a posthumous award for his lifetime of service. Finally, we would like to thank all the unsung heroes of our community for their efforts, large and small, at protecting the beauty and clarity of Lake Tahoe. We couldn't do it without your help. Kristi BoosmanTahoe Regional Planning AgencyStateline, Nev.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more