The girls and boys ended their team tennis state runs in semifinals Thursday. The girls fought an incredibly close match, forcing a tie-breaker after ending three sets tied 9-9. South Tahoe's No. 1 singles player Maggie Lee went 3-0, Catherine Baghdikian turned in a 1-1 singles performance. Doubles teams Cassandra Marin and Emily Rives, and Grace Bronken and Sarah Jobbins, went 2-1 in the effort.
- Erik Roner remembered as a great family man with 'a wonderful love for life'
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe's higher elevations
- MTB economics: South Lake Tahoe sees boost from mountain-bike tourism
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off
- South Lake Tahoe police clear man suspected in sexual assault case