A life-saving thanks to Tahoe Douglas Fire Chief Ben Sharit and his entire team for hosting a successful series of blood drives. I spoke with the chief earlier this year about the lack of a consistent schedule and location on the Nevada side. He committed the Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District to managing drives on a regular two-month cycle at Station No. 23, conveniently located on Elks Point Road, through 2013. They've already held three drives this year with collections of 42, then 44, then 50 units! It would be great if we could consistently collect 50 units and thereby contribute 300 pints per year to save the lives of nearly 1,000 people in need. The next drive will take place on Nov. 27. To make an appointment, call 775-887-9111 or visit www.bloodhero.com, clicking on “Donate Blood,” then entering “tahoefire” as the sponsor code.Thanks again, chief!Greg FeltonStateline, Nev.
- Man, 19, in critical condition after nearly drowning in Lake Tahoe
- Motorcycle crash lands man and 10-year-old in hospital
- More studies under way on potential Squaw development impacts
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man hits female in face with hot dog
- Vegan 1 Day Project on Lake Tahoe to raise awareness about farm animals, diet