A life-saving thanks to Tahoe Douglas Fire Chief Ben Sharit and his entire team for hosting a successful series of blood drives. I spoke with the chief earlier this year about the lack of a consistent schedule and location on the Nevada side. He committed the Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District to managing drives on a regular two-month cycle at Station No. 23, conveniently located on Elks Point Road, through 2013. They've already held three drives this year with collections of 42, then 44, then 50 units! It would be great if we could consistently collect 50 units and thereby contribute 300 pints per year to save the lives of nearly 1,000 people in need. The next drive will take place on Nov. 27. To make an appointment, call 775-887-9111 or visit www.bloodhero.com, clicking on “Donate Blood,” then entering “tahoefire” as the sponsor code.Thanks again, chief!Greg FeltonStateline, Nev.
Kudos & Kindness: Thanks to fire chief and team for hosting blood drives
Trending in: News
- Dense smoke warning in effect today; no fire threat to Truckee-Tahoe
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Smoke could return after clear weekend
- Lake's depths hold many dead bodies: Officials report most corpses don't surface if lost in Lake Tahoe
- Resilient racer: 2-time cancer survivor Wendy Chioji starts new battle after Ironman Lake Tahoe