Mighty Mites push into playoffsOnce again the South Tahoe Mighty Mites (5-2) turned in another win as they defeated the Douglas Tigers 33-0. Jake Tarwater found the end zone three times on the ground and also threw a 20-yard touchdown pass to Malachi Womack. “We consistently play against teams that clearly outweigh our boys, but we've yet to play a team that plays harder than our South Tahoe Mighty Mites,” coach Thomas O'Keefe said in email. “They may not be the biggest boys on the football field, but as a group they have become an excellent football team.” Outstanding offensive plays came from Ryan Aguila, Devin Martineau, Jace Kezar, Isaiah Daley and Zackary Klug. The defense held the Douglas Tigers scoreless, and was led by Jeremy Smiley, Jake Tarwater, Hayden Waters, Derek Robbins, Troy Dingman, Trenten Schouten and Reece O'Keefe.The boys head to playoffs this weekend.Tiny Mites battle backThe South Tahoe Tiny Mites took on the Reno Powder Saturday at South Tahoe High School. It was a back and forth battle with Anthony Rounds Jr., Ben Arellano, Andre Smith, Garrett Fiederici and Caiden Shumaker leading the way. Joel Gomez Jr. helped out with two touchdowns on the day, extending his scoring streak to six games. On the defensive side, Jake Broadfoot, Mikey Guevara, Seth Fena and Ryan Britt came through. Sayers Tanner and Zander Labon
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill