Bread & Broth's "Adopt A Day of Nourishment" on July 30 was generously sponsored by instructional and administrative members of Lake Tahoe Community College. In addition to a monetary donation of $250, LTCC provided an enthusiastic volunteer crew, who along with B&B volunteers, served summer stew, mashed potatoes, stir fried vegetables, salad and an assortment of drinks and desserts at the evening meal. LTCC crew members included Kindred Murillo, superintendent, president: Virginia Boyar, director of Career and Technical Education; Aaron McVean, Director, Research and Planning; Kurt Green, dean of Instruction and Michelle Sower, director, Child Development & ECE Faculty. Lake Tahoe Community College's faculty and staff is so committed to its support of the South Lake Tahoe community, they have already signed up to adopt Nov. 26 as their second Adopt A Day sponsorship of the year. Bread & Broth is sincerely thankful for and recognizes LTCC's commitment not only to their involvement in the educational aspect of our community but in the communities well being as a whole.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'