The first of three fundraising dinners for Chris Alper will be from 5-9 p.m. Thursday when Primo's Italian Bistro donates 10 percent of its dinner proceeds to go toward Alper's medical bills. A South Lake Tahoe resident for 33 years who works at Cardinale Way Toyota has been diagnosed with a recurrence of breast cancer. She recently underwent two surgeries. A second fundraiser is Tuesday, Oct. 30 at Passaretti's Italian Restuarant. Ernie's Coffee Shop is the site of a slient acution and raffle from 5-8 p.m. Nov. 9, and 50 percent of the dinner proceeds go to the medical fun. The account at Bank of the West is 029201988. For more information contact Gia RiIchards at KRLT, 916-704-6900, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- Looking for love: Bear tries to make new friends (VIDEO)
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA
- Panel: Bikes have huge impact on Tahoe economy