CRYSTAL BAY, Nev. - For the ninth year in a row the Crown Room of the Crystal Bay Casino is the place to be for a Halloween dance party. The Creeper's Ball returns with Tainted Love. The Halloween costume party has become a Tahoe tradition. There will be $500 in cash prizes for the best costumes. All tickets are $25 and advance purchase is strongly advised as this party sells out well in advance every year.At the beginning of the 1980s - with the fall of disco and the commercial demise of punk rock - music took a turn into what was dubbed, "one of the most romantic periods in the history of popular music." Musicians abandoned their guitars and traditional drum kits for the latest in state-of-the-art technology: synthesizers drum machines, and special effects. They donned a more androgynous look known as "New Romantic." The result was music alive with sensual crooning, searing synthesizers, pulsating bass lines and pounding electronic drums, carrying a message of love, politics and sexual being. Thus was created a "New Wave" of pop and dance music, when bands like Duran Duran, Eurythmics, The Cure, and the Thompson Twins were on the cutting edge. The 1980s also saw a multitude of unforgettable "one-hit-wonders" such as Modern English, Gary Numan, and Dexy's Midnight Runners. Tainted Love, the seven-piece outfit from San Francisco, brings you back to the days when keyboards ruled the airwaves, cascading hairdos were commonplace and outlandish fashions lit up the pioneering early days of MTV. With a stellar lineup of three high-energy singers driven by a power house band whose credentials include Pride & Joy, Super Diamond, Car Wash, Panama, and Yah-Yah Littleman, Tainted Love delivers a non-stop 80s live show featuring "Hungry Like the Wolf," "I Melt With You," "Obsession," and "Safety Dance."
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Midwest travel agency names Lake Tahoe favorite destination
- 28,000 miles: Family of three travels to South America on motorcycles; presentation planned for Tahoe's South Shore
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- Fall is here: Best ways to celebrate the season in Tahoe