“Heavenly really enjoys partnering with and supporting such an important and valuable organization” is how Frank Papandrea describes the relationship between Heavenly Mountain Resort and Bread & Broth. Frank is Heavenly’s Environmental Manager and a frequent Heavenly volunteer crew member at Bread & Broth’s free Monday evening meal. Heavenly sponsored its eighth and ninth Adopt A Day dinners of the year on Aug. 27 and Sept. 17. In addition to Frank, the two AAD Heavenly sponsor crews included Jo Hearn, greeter/host supervisor; Tyler Morris, IT manager; Nancy McCoy, executive assistant; Tom Fortune, director of base operations; Mike Allen, director of ski services and Paul Hopkins, director of product sales.Feeding the hungry of South Lake Tahoe is the goal of the Bread & Broth program and Heavenly Mountain Resort is a major contributor and ongoing supporter of the the program’s goals. Heavenly employees over the years have demonstrated their commitment to their community by volunteering their personal time to set up, serve and clean up at Heavenly’s Adopt A Day meals. Tom Fortune spoke for many Heavenly employees when he wrote “Bread & Broth is a very rewarding way to give back to the community.”Bread & Bread is very thankful for Heavenly Mountain Resort’s generous sponsorships.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Obituary: Scott Michael Perasso
- Georgetown narcotics arrest connected to fatal shooting
- Lake Tahoe Community College on track with $5.8 million University Center project
- Singled out? With Valentine's Day around the corner, what is the online dating scene like at Lake Tahoe?
- Reasons behind increases in El Dorado County crime statistics uncertain