A man dressed as Sesame Street’s Big Bird fled the scene of a fight early Sunday morning that allegedly included Nintendo’s Mario and Luigi, according to a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy’s report.Deputies responded to a report of the fight in front of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa about 4 a.m. and contacted two men who were being detained by security staff, according to the report.The men, dressed as video game characters Mario and Luigi, told deputies they were inside the casino when they saw a man dressed as Big Bird fighting with several other men outside. Fearing the man in the Big Bird costume was their friend, they said they ran outside to help and were immediately assaulted.Security dispersed the fight and the man dressed as Big Bird ran from the scene on foot, according to the report. One man suffered a cut above his left eyebrow during the altercation.When the men dressed as Mario and Luigi returned to look for a lost wallet and phone, they were detained by security, according to the report.After a witness told deputies she saw one of the men, a 25-year-old South Lake Tahoe resident, throw a punch during the fight, he was arrested on suspicion of assault, as well as a contempt of court warrant out of Carson Township Justice Court, according to the report.The witness told deputies the fight started after the man dressed as Big Bird insulted her and a friend.
- South Lake Tahoe to consider censure of councilmember JoAnn Conner
- South Lake Tahoe's The Cork and More closing after 40 years
- Proposed design breathes new life into South Lake Tahoe's Regan Beach
- Vail Resorts Epic Pass price may go up after Sunday for 2015-16 ski and snowboard season
- Artist lineup announced for SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe Dec. 29-31