A man dressed as Sesame Street’s Big Bird fled the scene of a fight early Sunday morning that allegedly included Nintendo’s Mario and Luigi, according to a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy’s report.Deputies responded to a report of the fight in front of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa about 4 a.m. and contacted two men who were being detained by security staff, according to the report.The men, dressed as video game characters Mario and Luigi, told deputies they were inside the casino when they saw a man dressed as Big Bird fighting with several other men outside. Fearing the man in the Big Bird costume was their friend, they said they ran outside to help and were immediately assaulted.Security dispersed the fight and the man dressed as Big Bird ran from the scene on foot, according to the report. One man suffered a cut above his left eyebrow during the altercation.When the men dressed as Mario and Luigi returned to look for a lost wallet and phone, they were detained by security, according to the report.After a witness told deputies she saw one of the men, a 25-year-old South Lake Tahoe resident, throw a punch during the fight, he was arrested on suspicion of assault, as well as a contempt of court warrant out of Carson Township Justice Court, according to the report.The witness told deputies the fight started after the man dressed as Big Bird insulted her and a friend.
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill