TRUCKEE, Calif. - Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Sept. 25 to Oct. 9, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A citizen reported he was pushed during a verbal dispute on Donner Pass Road. He requested documentation only.
• Officers took a report of two juveniles who had stolen from a store on Donner Pass Road several days prior. The juveniles were contacted and subsequently arrested, then released to their parents.
• The victim reported he received annoying and harassing text messages from a person that he knows. The incident was documented.
• A teacher reported that a student smelled of marijuana. A school administrator searched the juvenile where he was found to be in possession of marijuana. The juvenile was cited and released to a parent.
• A subject was seen assaulting his girlfriend while at the high school. The subject then threatened a school official who tried to intervene. The subject was cited and released to his parents.
• Officers were alerted to a possible DUI driver in the Donner Gate area. The vehicle was located as the driver backed her vehicle into another parked car causing minor traffic collusion. The driver was found to be intoxicated and was arrested. The driver was transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital for medical clearance, then to Nevada County Sheriff's Office for booking without further incident.
• A suspect stole money from victim's purse and another victim's backpack. The suspect was cited and released.
• An adult male subject was contacted after he fell into the roadway on Highway 89 South at Donner Pass Road. He was later arrested and booked into the Truckee jail. He was later released.
• An officer was flagged down at the bus depot in downtown Truckee and was alerted of an alleged sexual assault that occurred in Placer County. The Placer County Sheriff's Office was notified and responded, at which point they took over the investigation.
• A Truckee Officer stopped a subject for excessive speed on Northwoods Boulevard. The subject displayed objective symptoms of under the influence of alcohol. The subject was subsequently arrested and booked into jail for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Two guns were turned in for destruction.
• A subject was contacted while he was sitting in his parked car. The subject was found to be in possession of controlled substance and was booked at Nevada County Sheriff's Office. In Truckee.
• A victim reported her ex-boyfriend attempted to call her last weekend, in violation of a domestic violence restraining order. The report was forwarded to the District Attorney's Office for review.
• A civil dispute over money turned into a physical altercation. Both parties declined prosecution.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of a theft that occurred 8 days prior on Deerfield Drive. There is no suspect information in this case. The report was taken for documentation purposes only.
• A female subject found her roommate lying on the floor unresponsive. The unresponsive female was determined to be deceased and the cause of death is pending with Nevada County Sheriff's Office. No criminal activity is suspected.
• A citizen turned in a wallet to the police department lobby that he found in the roadway on Donner Pass Road at Cold Stream.
• A vehicle crossed over the center line and drove on toward a Truckee Police vehicle. A traffic stop was made and the driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Officers took a report of family dispute between guardian and minor child. The guardian tried to make the minor move his bicycle and the minor responded by assaulting the guardian. The minor was taken into custody for battery.
• An unknown driver was involved in a collision with a parked vehicle on Church Street. He failed to leave proper information. Officers took a hit and run report.
• Police received a phone call from hospital employees who witnessed the suspect violate a restraining order. The case will be forwarded to the Nevada County District Attorney's Office for prosecution.
• Truckee officers took a report of two female juvenile students who got into a physical altercation on school campus. Investigation was completed and both juveniles were cited to probation.
• A student was issued a juvenile citation for possession of marijuana less than an ounce on school grounds. The juvenile was released to his mother.
• A suspect took a bag out of victim's unlocked vehicle on Bernese Lane.
• Officers stopped a driver for traffic infraction on Glenshire Drive at Donner Pass Road. The driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol. He was subsequently arrested and booked in Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
• Officers contacted a probationer for a traffic violation on Rolands Way at Glenshire Drive. A probation search of his car revealed an unknown substance in a bindle, as well as items used to cheat on his required drug tests.
• An unknown suspect stole approximately 5 bottles of alcohol from a business on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers contacted a passenger on a traffic stop on Rolands Way at Glenshire Road and it was determined that she has a DUI warrant for her arrest out of Ventura.
• A victim reported that a rock was thrown through her passenger window and an iPod was stolen while her vehicle was parked at Regional Park.
• A female subject was arrested for public intoxication on Bridge Street and later she was released with no charges pending.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of intoxicated male throwing objects behind Bar of America. Two subjects were contacted and one of them was arrested for public intoxication.
• An unknown suspect pulled the screens off of two windows at victim's residence on Village Way. The victim did not notice anything missing. It is unknown if entry was made.