Bread & Broth is a nonprofit, nondenominational, all-volunteer organization that provides hot, well-balanced dinners every Monday at St. Theresa Church Parish Hall and a soup and bread meal at Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church on Fridays to the less fortunate members of the South Lake Tahoe community. The efforts of Bread & Broth for the past 23 years have been contingent upon the generosity of local businesses, clubs/organizations and private individuals. The Monday evening meals of Oct. 1st and 8 were no exception. Both of the evening meals were sponsored by individuals who participated in B&B's "Adopt A Day of Nourishment" program. Lori London was the generous sponsor who hosted the Oct. 1 meal and has been a sponsor in previous years. The Oct. 8 meal was sponsored by an anonymous donor who has also been an ongoing sponsor over the past years. Bread & Broth is sincerely thankful for the continued support of Lori London and all of our many sponsors who have generously donated funds to ensure that the Bread & Broth program is able to continue this much needed community service. Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- California's 3-foot bicycle law figures to play role at Truckee-Tahoe
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- Sierra history: Tracing California Highway Patrol's roots to pioneer days