On behalf of El Dorado County Sheriff's Office and Sheriff John D'Agostini, I would like to personally thank the Lake Tahoe Golf Course for donating its facilities on Oct. 25. On Oct. 23, we initiated search and rescue for a hiker in distress in Desolation Wilderness. In our first operational period we ran this incident out of our local sheriff's office and quickly out grew this facitility. I contacted the Lake Tahoe Golf Course Concessionare and California State Parks and, without hesitation, they all agreed to allow our office to use their facilities for our next operational period. We set up a command post and staging area and ultimately ran an operation consisting of more than 80 personnel. It is very gratyfing to know that we can all work together in this small community and bring a life back to safety. Again, thank you for allowing us to use your facility.Deputy Greg AlmosEl Dorado County Sheriff's Office
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill