Bijou Community School has once again benefited greatly from the kindness of our community! More than 40 Bijou parents, staff, and students along with a few South Lake Tahoe Rotarians built two beautiful native gardens at Bijou this past weekend. Thank you so much, volunteers, for giving your time and energy to our last-minute project. Also, a huge thanks to Ed Cook Tree Service for donating wood chips and Dale Rise Construction for the very generous donation of more than 20 boulders. Lastly, I would like to thank Darah Zurit for her vision and donation of time and energy in creating these beautiful gardens. It is amazing what a few people can accomplish in a short period of time with the support of a wonderful community. Thank you!Kathy HavenSouth Lake Tahoe
- Try Pretty Odd Wieners Hot Dog Cart in Meyers, California
- Mother bear, cub trapped at Lake Tahoe to be released in mountains (updated)
- Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio hits variety of issues in Carson City
- Meyers community plan to streamline development moves forward
- Letter: Where did Seneca Pond's frogs go?