Bread & Broth's "Adopt A Day of Nourishment" on Monday, Sept. 24, was generously sponsored by McCall Realty. An Adopt A Day sponsorship provides a nutritious evening meal to about 100 needy individuals in the South Lake Tahoe community. To serve this number of meals, B&B has a regular crew of volunteers and generally four to five volunteers from the AAD sponsor who setup, serve and clean up. The McCall Realty sponsor volunteer crew on Sept. 24 consisted of Cynde Cain, Beatte Miering, Jill Moffett and Mike Yagi. One of McCall's volunteers provided this comment regarding their sponsorship of an Adopt A Day: "At McCall, we are committed to helping our community. The Bread & Broth program provides to those who are in need and it was our pleasure to sponsor this event and take part." This was the first time McCall Realty has sponsored an Adopt A Day and is looking forward to continuing their support and involvement in this program.Bread & Broth would not be able to continue this vital service to the Lake Tahoe community without the support of businesses like McCall Realty and is very thankful for their monetary and sponsor volunteer crew contribution.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'
- Mulder wins American Century Championship, becomes third back-to-back winner in tournament history