Murphy, a 5-year-old golden retriever with long, medium-brown fur, disappeared Oct. 6 from a Hell Hole Reservoir campsite. She is wearing a brown leather collar with her name and contact information on it. Murphy has reportedly been seen in the South Lake Tahoe area several times, most recently on Oct. 31 near High Country Lodge and the Raley's Center at the "Y." According to her owners, she is not known for fleeing. Anyone who sees her is asked to approach her calmly and speak softly, as she may be afraid. Finding her is important as snow is expected in the coming days. Her family is offering a reward for her return. Anyone who sees her is asked to call 916-717-8400 or 916-941-0745.
- After 34 years, Tahoe's Ernie's has new owners
- The history behind some of Lake Tahoe's naturist-friendly east shore beaches
- Sibling revelry: Three sets of brothers among Lake Tahoe CC men's soccer team hopefuls
- Six new Tahoe-Truckee restaurants not to miss this summer
- Power and poses: Tahoe Show bodybuilding contest returns to South Shore