Murphy, a 5-year-old golden retriever with long, medium-brown fur, disappeared Oct. 6 from a Hell Hole Reservoir campsite. She is wearing a brown leather collar with her name and contact information on it. Murphy has reportedly been seen in the South Lake Tahoe area several times, most recently on Oct. 31 near High Country Lodge and the Raley's Center at the "Y." According to her owners, she is not known for fleeing. Anyone who sees her is asked to approach her calmly and speak softly, as she may be afraid. Finding her is important as snow is expected in the coming days. Her family is offering a reward for her return. Anyone who sees her is asked to call 916-717-8400 or 916-941-0745.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more