STATELINE, Nev. — The Dan Band went “Old School” on us when we requested an interview.They didn't reply.According to the Dan Band website, the concept of the act began when Dan Finnerty, “as a drunken joke,” sang Helen Reddy's “I Am Woman” in a karaoke bar.The upshot: the Dan Band gets to perform Saturday, Nov. 10, on the same Harrah's Lake Tahoe South Shore Room stage where Reddy once roared.Finnerty's big break came with an appearance in the 2003 comedy “Old School,” in which he sang a cursed-up version of “Total Eclipse of the Heart.” He's now the greatest Karaoke sensation since Journey's Neal Schon discovered Arnel Pineda on YouTube in the Philippines .Finnerty has since appeared in “Starsky & Hutch” and “The Hangover” and recorded two albums, “The Dan Band Live” and “ Ho: A Dan Band Christmas” with a third, “The Wedding Album” on the way.The Dan Band has appeared on “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” “The Late Late Show,” “Last Call with Carson Daly,” “Ellen” and “The Tonight Show.”In an interview this week with USA Today, Finnerty described his tour.“This tour is different than the others because we got a new poster and we're slightly older and fatter than we were before,” he said.
- Boy, 13, killed by train near Truckee late Sunday afternoon
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- Drought means Nevada, Lake Tahoe in line for busy bear season (w/ video)
- Truckee River's level drops after flow from reservoir halted
- Earth Day: Conserving water at Lake Tahoe key focus amid California drought