During the Oct. 15 Adopt A Day dinner, Barrett Burghard, Heavenly’s Director of Snow surfaces, expressed his thoughts on the evening’s events. “It’s an eye opener to see the need in the community. Glad to have the opportunity to help.” Barrett along with Jo Hearn, Greeter/Host Supervisor; Jennifer Story, Store Manager, Embassy Suites and Steve Turner, Director, Food & Beverage made up the Heavenly Mountain Resort’s AAD volunteer crew. Many of the Heavenly’s crew members have volunteered frequently over the past year at the monthly AAD sponsorships hosted by Heavenly Mountain Resorts. Heavenly is a consistent and generous time and financial donor to B&B’s Adopt a Day program and Bread & Broth is sincerely grateful for their commitment to providing healthy, tasty meals to those in need. In fact, B&B’s volunteer cooks for the evening’s meal were complemented by Steve Turner. “It’s great to see the quality of food and the volunteer support in making it happen.”Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Is Ski Run Boulevard the future downtown of South Lake Tahoe?
- Possible charges in South Lake Tahoe police shooting caught in law change
- Reno airport officials celebrate inaugural Long Beach flight connection
- Tahoe Camping 101: Being organized, having the right tools key to success
- Tahoe Town Hall tackles affordable housing; what's next? (opinion)