Bread & Broth is looking for donations for its Thanksgiving dinner.For the 24th year, the program will offer a Thanksgiving meal to those in need. This year's dinner will take place Nov. 19 from 4-6 p.m. at Grace Hall at St. Theresa Catholic Church, 1401 Lyons Ave. The meal is open to everyone in the community. Organizer expect to serve 300 people.Bread & Broth is looking for donations to help supply ingredients for the meal, including celery, carrots, onions, oranges, fresh cranberries, fried onion topping, sausage, canned sweet potatoes, marshmallows and butter. Cash donations will also help.Contributions must be dropped off by Friday, Nov. 16, and can be left at the church rectory office on weekdays between 9 a.m. and noon or between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. For more information, call Kathi Olsen at 530-541-2551 or contact Diane Weidinger at 775-588-3993 or email@example.com.
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday
- Seasonal workers flock to California to process marijuana
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Heavenly, Kirkwood mountains to open more ski terrain Thanksgiving weekend