Whittell High School will hold the first two of many fundraisers this week to help support athletic director Kathy Bluethman’s battle against breast cancer. The fundraiser will be held at The Red Hut off Ski Run Boulevard on Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets must be purchased today and will be on sale at Whittell High School, the South Tahoe counseling department and the Tahoe Daily Tribune for $10. The $10 includes a hamburger, chips, soft drinks and great company. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Those interested in selling tickets can call Whittell at 775-588-2446. A second fundraiser, called Midnight Madness, designed for Whittell and Zephyr Cove community members will be held at Whittell High School on Saturday from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. The night will include basketball games and competitions for everyone. There will be a slam dunk contest on an 8-inch rim. Tickets are $10 and come with two raffle tickets for a prize giveaway. All proceeds go Bluethman. A bank account has also been set up at Wells Fargo under the name of “Kathy Bluethman Cancer Fund.” The account number is 7555072284.
- New South Lake Tahoe venue brings live magic show, dining
- Soak it in: Hot springs in the Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Winter White party: Riva Grill hosts annual TRYP celebration (photos)
- Letter: Loop Road project should go underground
- Obituary: Michael P. Sheehan, Mar. 12, 1970 ~ Nov. 21, 2015