10/30/1979 - 11/06/2012Just three days after his identical twin brother's memorial service, Alan left this earth after health struggles in the latter part of his life.Family and friends loved Alan. Even though he was quiet in nature, he was very wise and had a listening ear to all who knew him. Whenever Alan consciously set a goal, he accomplished it. He earned his Eagle Scout award in 1998.Alan was a gifted athlete. He was very competitive, and he and Jonathan were constantly practicing sports together. They were referred to as “The Twin Towers” because they were both 6 feet 4 inches tall. Alan excelled in soccer, baseball and ski team, but primarily, Alan was a basketball player. He graduated from South Tahoe High School and loved playing for Coach Orlich. He was voted Northern Nevada Basketball Player of the year in 1998 by the coaches in the Northern Nevada area. He went on to play college basketball at Moorpark College and Chico State. He received an Associate Degree in Communications. His career choice was to be a pharmacist and he would have been so good at that. His parents, Raymond & Jean Case, and his older brother, Patrick Jason Case, survive Alan. His twin brother, Jonathan David Case, preceded him in death.Memorial services will be held in the summer of 2013.
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Town, airport helping close $1M shortfall for Truckee aquatic center
- Police seeking information about burglary, identity theft suspects
- North Tahoe’s SnowFest! continues with fun events this week