Bread & Broth’s Adopt A Day of Nourishment program provides individuals, clubs/organizations and businesses the opportunity to sponsor a hot, healthy meal for needy members of the South Lake Tahoe community. On Monday, Oct. 22, the Tahoe Daily Tribune sponsored its first Adopt A Day dinner and sent a great volunteer sponsor crew to work side by side with Bread & Broth volunteers. The Tahoe Daily Tribune crew helped with packing give away food bags and doing all the necessary tasks involved in serving up to 100 meals for the evening. The Bread & Broth AAD program encourages our donors to come and assist at their designated evening dinner so they have the opportunity to actually experience the gratitude and sense of community felt by our B&B guests and volunteers. The members of the Tahoe Daily Tribune crew seemed to concur. “Enjoyed the experience and would love to do it again!” was their response to their first sponsorship of an Adopt A Day. Bread & Broth is very fortunate and grateful to have sponsors like the Tahoe Daily Tribune who are committed to improving the lives of the less fortunate members of our community. If you would like to help Bread & Broth’s program, contact Carol Gerard at 530-542-2876 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'
- Mulder wins American Century Championship, becomes third back-to-back winner in tournament history