Wow, the past four months have sure been a wonderful experience. In looking back on the campaign, I must say it was priceless. There were "highs" as well as a couple "lows," but as the dust settles, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
My name is Jamie Brimer and I ran for Truckee Town Council, got close, but not close enough. Congratulations to Joan and Alicia and good luck on the council. I want to thank everyone who assisted in my campaign. Those that had encouraging words, made contributions, put signs in their yards and most importantly, prayed for me.
Thank you to Judy Price, Town Clerk, who was so helpful to me, as well as all the candidates. Thank you to my wife Tammi, and daughters Danielle, Kelli, Courtney, Shannon and their significant others who have always been so supporting.
I entitled myself to be bummed out Wednesday, and then pulled my boot straps back up on Thursday. I will now be keeping my eyes open as to what direction the Lord wants me to go. Part of getting past a loss like this is to look at the benefits of losing this race. Here are my top 10 reasons I came up with.
10) I won't have to buy a suit in order to have my picture taken with the other Council members.
9) I can walk into the store without someone yelling "Hey Brimer, I have a question," although truthfully, I enjoyed it when people did stop and talk town issues with me. Feel free to continue doing that.
8) I can now watch "Dancing With The Stars" on Tuesday nights (council meeting night).
7) I got to remove 150 signs with my picture on them. They come down much faster than they go up!
6) Town Staff won't spell my first name incorrectly anymore (it's Jamie, not Jaime).
5) I won't get fined by our Rotary President, Mark Brown, for getting elected.
4) I won't have to make council decisions that make half the town happy while making the other half mad.
3) I won't have to post anything more on Facebook.
2) I won't have to be concerned with the over-burdensome regulations of paperwork from the state when running for and holding office..
And the No. 1 reason - I can run for Governor in 2014.
Thank you, town of Truckee, for the experience.