INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. - As the holiday season gets under way, the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza, in partnership with the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation, is presenting the 2012 Nonprofit Wish List. This is the fourth consecutive year a Wish List has been provided to give readers an opportunity to make a difference during the holidays.This year, the list has a new twist: Each organization's wish is by specific dollar amounts - $25, $50, $100, $500 and $1,000.As you gather with friends and family during the Thanksgiving weekend, take time to talk about the joy of philanthropy and what it means to your family. Take time to select what you are passionate about and give the amounts you feel comfortable giving. For only $25, you can help in so many ways but you can always give more than the amounts listed.The North Lake Tahoe Bonanza and Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation do not endorse any of the nonprofits on the list, but all are verified 501(c)3 public charity organizations. We encourage you and your family to look closely at the list and give generously to your favorite nonprofits. Please contact the individual organization if you would like more information.
- Kevin MacMillan: The transition from Burning Man to the ‘Default World’
- Burning Man draws 66,000; woman run over by art car, killed
- The Tahoe Expo returns with a focus on everything outdoors
- Andy Whyman: Marijuana legalization is right thing to do
- Authorities: Tahoe woman attacked by bear may face feeding charges