As the holiday season gets under way, Tahoe Daily Tribune, in partnership with the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation, is presenting the 2012 Nonprofit Wish List. This is the fourth consecutive year a Wish List has been provided to give readers an opportunity to make a difference during the holidays.This year, the list has a new twist: Each organization's wish is by specific dollar amounts — $25, $50, $100, $500 and $1,000.As you gather with friends and family during the Thanksgiving weekend, take time to talk about the joy of philanthropy and what it means to your family. Take time to select what you are passionate about and give the amounts you feel comfortable giving. For only $25, you can help in so many ways but you can always give more than the amounts listed.The Tahoe Daily Tribune and Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation do not endorse any of the nonprofits on the list, but all are verified 501(c)3 public charity organizations. We encourage you and your family to look closely at the list and give generously to your favorite nonprofits. Please contact the individual organization if you would like more information.
- South Lake Tahoe to consider censure of councilmember JoAnn Conner
- Proposed design breathes new life into South Lake Tahoe's Regan Beach
- Vail Resorts Epic Pass price may go up after Sunday for 2015-16 ski and snowboard season
- Artist lineup announced for SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe Dec. 29-31
- News briefs: Road work continues, events (updated)