On Sunday, November 18, 2012, Rumualda Jacquez entered Eternal Life with her Loving Lord after a strong fight against an unexpected illness. Rumualda was born on February 17, 1967 in Santa Clara Durango, Mexico to Francisca Aguilar and Juan Fraire. Rumualda moved to South Lake Tahoe in the 1980's and was employed with South Tahoe Refuse for the past 18 years where she met the love of her life, Stephen Brandsgard. She was always excited to go out and enjoy a good meal on the weekend, shop for others and attend fun events. What Rumualda loved and lived for most was her family, whether here in South Lake Tahoe or her home town in Mexico. Rumualda is survived by her husband, Stephen Brandgard, three daughters, Sandra, Evelyn, and Jennifer, granddaughter Dilly, three brothers and three sisters. She will be dearly missed by many family, friends and co-workers. The Funeral Mass and Memorial services will be held Saturday, November 24, 2012 at St. Theresa Catholic Church beginning at 10:30 a.m. located at Lyons Ave. in South Lake Tahoe, CA.
- Increased plague risk at Lake Tahoe's Fallen Leaf Campground; area to close briefly for pesticide treatments
- New Lake Tahoe Boat Show offers taste of the latest watercraft, Brew Fest
- Leaving a legacy: Softball, basketball mainstay Barcellos honored as South Tahoe Girls Athlete of the Year
- Pine pollen dusts Lake Tahoe's South Shore, bringing with it seasonal allergies
- Tahoe City's new Basecamp hotel: 'modern mountain with a sense of humor'