TRUCKEE, Calif. - Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Oct. 29 through Nov. 5, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers reported an embezzlement involving employee stealing cash payments made to business by customers. The suspect was subsequently arrested.
• A citizen located a backpack in the roadway on Donner Pass Road at Donner Gate. The property was turned in and booked for safekeeping. The owner is unknown at this time.
• Officers took a report of petty theft on Old Brockway Road. Two unknown suspects entered business and siphoned gasoline from vehicle parked in the yard.
• Officers found an intoxicated subject who was sleeping on the dirt road on West River Street. The subject was arrested for drunk in public.
• A subject was contacted after running off the roadway. The subject was cited and released for driving on a suspended driver's license.
• Officers reported theft of property decorations from the front of a residence on Davos Drive.
• During an Alcohol Decoy Program, a clerk at a gas station sold alcohol to a minor. The clerk was cited and released. The report will be forwarded to the District Attorney's office.
• A restrained party made unwanted contact with the protected party of a domestic violence restraining order. The case is open and forwarded to the District Attorney's office for review.
• An intoxicated subject was placed under citizen arrest for battery by his roommate. The incident occurred on Moraine Road.
• A subject was arrested for public intoxication and resisting, delaying, or obstructing an officer in the performance of his duties while attending a large residential party.
• A subject was involved in a single vehicle traffic collision. Subsequent investigation resulted in arrest of the driver.
• A single vehicle, non injury, hit and run collusion occurred on a town of Truckee maintenance roadway. The driver of the vehicle was arrested for DUI.
• Officers took a report of vandalism on Estates Drive. An unknown subject threw an unknown object through a window.
• Victim reported being punched and kicked by the suspect for an unknown reason. The accident occurred on Donner Pass Road.
• Subject was contacted in front of his residence when officers responded to a disturbance call at the location on Moraine Road. The subject was found to be under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for himself. The subject was arrested and transported to jail.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The driver was found to have been driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked at Nevada County Sheriff's Office in Truckee.
• Officers responded to a 911 call regarding a drunk male refusing to leave and creating disturbance because the clerk would not sell him beer. The subject was located still yelling at the clerk and was arrested for public intoxication.
• A driver was asleep in the driver's seat of his vehicle with the vehicle running on Donner Pass Road at Meadow Way. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• A male subject attempted to contact a female from jail. The male subject is the restrained party in an active restraining order; the female half is the protected. Charges of violation of a restraining order are being forwarded to the District Attorney's Office for review.
• A male subject was confronted by an intoxicated patron at the bar on Bridge Street. The male subject was pushed by the collar of his T-shirt by the intoxicated patron. Charges of battery are being forwarded to the District Attorney's Office for review.
• A former employee's wife threatened worker of a local business on Dorchester Drive. The reporting party stated he wanted informational report only.
• A victim reported his private brokerage account being "hacked" and several thousand dollars transferred out of his account. His stocks, which are also attached to his account, were also sold and the money transferred.
• A teacher located a knife on a student. The student was cited and released to the guardian.
• Truckee Police officers were dispatched to an assault occurred in the downtown area of Truckee. Upon arrival the victim of the assault by ex-boyfriend was located. After investigation, officers determined a felony crime had occurred and the ex-boyfriend of the victim was located and arrested without incident.
• Officers and paramedics were dispatched to a subject who was unresponsive in a grocery store restroom on Donner Pass Road. The subject was contacted by the paramedics and it was determined the subject was under the influence of a controlled substance and he also was in possession of heroin. The subject was subsequently arrested.
• Victims of an assault requested the neighbor call the police. Officers arrived at the location on Olympic Drive and conducted an investigation which revealed a physical assault occurred along with the suspect removing or preventing a 911 call to be placed. The victims were medically cleared. The suspect had left prior to police arrival. A police report was filed and sent to the District Attorney's Office.
• A juvenile left home for an unknown destination and left several notes that eluded to suicide. The case was forwarded to detectives for review.
• A reporting party was told by a friend she had been involved in a domestic violence incident with her ex-boyfriend. The friend told the police she made the story up and told the reporting party it because she was upset with her ex, but no domestic violence incident had occurred. There was no evidence that a domestic violence incident had occurred. A report of the incident was taken as information only.
• A verbal domestic dispute occurred between a husband and a wife on Jeffery Pine Road. Their son dialed 911 as a result of the argument. The wife was found outside the apartment passed out from alcohol and was arrested for drunk in public. During the investigation it was determined a complaint will be filed with the District Attorney's Office against the wife for child endangerment.
• Marijuana, tobacco and smoking paraphernalia were located on a juvenile student. The juvenile was cited and released to the school.
• A transient entered the hospital after being formally noticed of trespass and began threatening the receptionist. The suspect was located and arrested.
• A driver of a vehicle was recognized by officer as suspended/revoked license. The officer stopped the vehicle and the driver was cited and released and the vehicle was impounded.
• A driver hit parked vehicle on Donner Pass Road and failed to leave proper information.
• Suspect was found lying in the snow naked and intoxicated on Deerfield Drive. The suspect was taken for medical treatment. Officers cited and released the subject to medical staff for further treatment.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for speeding on Donner Pass Road. Two subjects inside the vehicle were found to be in possession of concentrated cannabis. Both subjects were arrested and booked in jail.