Douglas County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a 28-year-old South Lake Tahoe man on suspicion of assaulting a police officer early Saturday morning after he allegedly tried to spit on a deputy.Deputies contacted the man about 1:20 a.m. on the south side of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa after he was seen behaving suspiciously, according to a deputy’s report.During the contact with the man, he would alternate between staring blankly at deputies, looking away and talking to himself, according to a report. The man questioned deputies’ legal authority to be talking with him during the contact, according to deputies.He provided a driver’s license to deputies, who then checked him for warrants. When the search turned up no warrants he was told he was free to leave, according to the report.The man then deliberately pushed into one of the deputies with his left shoulder as he left and tried to spit on the deputy, barely missing, according to the report. The man was then placed in handcuffs following a brief struggle with deputies and booked into Douglas County’s Stateline Jail, according to the report.
- South Lake Tahoe shooting details unknown
- South Lake Tahoe historic buildings demolished
- Lake Tahoe is site of wedding-themed adventure race Sunday
- Inaugural ride on Lake Tahoe's Flume Trail to provide incredible views
- Wildlife officials kill 450-pound bear after deeming it a danger to humans in Lake Tahoe area