Bread & Broth would like to express its sincere gratitude to Hope Lutheran Church of the Sierra, who “Adopted A Day of Nourishment” on Oct. 29. Members of the Hope Lutheran congregation collected $250 in donations to sponsor the AAD and church members, both regular B&B volunteers and sponsor night volunteers, were on hand to assist with serving almost 100 meals. Their generous donation of their time and money is greatly appreciated. Bread & Broth could not provide these community meals without dedicated teams of volunteers. We had “all hands on deck” on Oct. 29, with teams from Hope Lutheran Church of the Sierra and Hard Rock Cafe helping out. David, Cathy and John Haynes from Hope Lutheran helped with sorting and preparing items to be distributed to diners, along with Brett Melickian and Jessica Astorga of Hard Rock Cafe. In addition, Kimberly Templeton, Taylor Corsin, Lizzy Gates and Nate Schrimshire from Hard Rock Cafe helped with cleanup efforts. “We had a lot to coordinate that afternoon and their help was invaluable,” said one Bread & Broth volunteer. “We were grateful for the extra helping hands.”Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'