Christmas Cheer’s annual toy drive has begun.Anyone who can donate a new, unwrapped toy for a local child is asked to drop it off at one of the barrels around town. Organizers ask that no weapon-type toys be donated. This year, there is a demand for gifts for infants and teens. Cash donations are also welcome. Those who write a check to Christmas Cheer are asked to indicate on the memo line whether it should go toward toys or food.Barrels are located at the three South Lake Tahoe fire stations, the main Tahoe Douglas fire station, the main Lake Valley fire station, Meeks/Meyers, LTVA/Visitors centers in California and Nevada, The Keys Cafe, The Design Shoppe, El Dorado County Child Support, Coyote Grill, Bank of the West, Marcia Sarosik Dance Studio, Lake Tahoe Fellowship Church, Coldwell Banker McKinney & Associates, Kahle Community Center, Heavenly, the American Legion, the Moose Lodge, Grocery Outlet, Borges Chiropractic, Toy Maniacs, Tahoe Fracture Clinic, South Tahoe Recreation Center, both Raley’s stores, both Safeway store, Lira’s Market, Sierra Athletic Club, Coldwell Banker Select Realty at Roundhill, Steamer’s Bar & Grill, Pinnacle Real Estate office and Verizon. The toy and Christmas dinner distribution will take place Dec. 19 and 20 at the Coldwell Banker office, 2196 Lake Tahoe Blvd. Toys can be dropped off at the office on those days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Volunteers are also needed to help with the distribution. To volunteer, call Monique McIntyre at 530-542-5526.
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'
- Historic Simpson's Jewelers set to close doors after 50 years in South Lake Tahoe