DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
Sugar Bowl will reopen for skiing and riding Saturday, Dec. 8
Trending in: News
- Dense smoke warning in effect Tuesday; King Fire nears 90,000 acres
- Smoked out: Tahoe athletes upset, understanding of Ironman cancelation
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Tesla’s move to Reno area draws big interest to region
- Sierra Sun, Bonanza press operator dies after ATV accident