DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
Sugar Bowl will reopen for skiing and riding Saturday, Dec. 8
Trending in: News
- Wed. morning update: King Fire up to 18,544 acres; more smoke for Tahoe
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go
- CCC to open up new Tahoe Center in Meyers to public
- Lake Tahoe hopes high for big winter; predictions mixed
- TV report: Drugs, bugs inside soon-to-be-demolished Lake Tahoe hotel