DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- South Tahoe girls soccer seeks fifth state championship in seven seasons after being dethroned
- Barton Health breaks ground on Robert Maloff Center of Excellence
- As Burning Man nears, Tahoe burners promote sense of community
- This week's action: When you only have a two-day weekend to experience Tahoe (opinion)