DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
Sugar Bowl will reopen for skiing and riding Saturday, Dec. 8
Trending in: News
- SoCal man, 42, drowns in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Tahoe City man, 21, suspected of DUI in major-injury crash
- Tahoe Keys Marina investigated for illegally grading state land
- Truckee’s Squeeze In ready to franchise; opens Bay Area location
- California water restrictions already in place in South Lake Tahoe