DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
- South Tahoe area issues rodent plague advisory
- Try Pretty Odd Wieners Hot Dog Cart in Meyers, California
- South Tahoe French restaurant adds flavor to the food scene
- Sacramento family shares story of hiking Tahoe Rim Trail together for 11 days
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels