DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
- Epic Discovery launches at Heavenly Mountain Resort in Tahoe (video)
- Leaving a legacy: Softball, basketball mainstay Barcellos honored as South Tahoe Girls Athlete of the Year
- $10.5 million Lake Tahoe home makes HGTV's House Hunt
- Increased boating patrols, cold-water warning at Lake Tahoe
- Rock Tahoe Half Marathon returns to South Shore for second year; more than 1,500 race along Lake Tahoe