DONNER SUMMIT, Calif. - Recent storms have delivered more than 30" of new snow at the top of Sugar Bowl Resort, yet mixed precipitation, fluctuating snow levels and a somewhat saturated snowpack at the base have presented numerous challenges, prompting this announcement Sugar Bowl Resort will remain closed through Dec. 7, reopening for skiing and riding on Saturday, Dec. 8. With forecasters calling for more snow in the coming week, complementing this system's wetter, heavier snow that's ideal for building a base, conditions are expected to be exceptional for next weekend's reopening. For all weather, snow total and any changes to operational updates as they beome available in the coming week visit www.sugarbowl.com or call 530-426-9000.
- 35 people displaced, rooms destroyed in Tahoe hotel fire
- Creek near Lake Tahoe has elevated E. coli levels (updated)
- Another Lake Tahoe rescue boat sinks; second in 2 months
- Kevin MacMillan: Allegations of corruption within Tahoe Forest Health System
- Low water levels taking toll on Lake Tahoe rec businesses